|Fig.1 Door handle|
Supplies and Tools:
Cordless screwdriver with Phillips Tip
Flat tip screwdriver
Mrs. Wrighthood needed a second mortgage on her home business. She had to qualify for the loan and her real estate agent stated that she would have a better chance to qualify if her front door was clean and new looking. She called my service company for this repair. This is post shows the progression of painting the metal security door, the wood front door on both sides, the metal door frame, and installing the door hardware.
This post shows the five steps to remove the front door handle to prepare for painting.
Step 1: Fig.1 shows the door handle was on the top and the dead bolt was on the bottom of the security door. The dead bolt was removed quickly with just two metal bolts. The door handle can be seen below and needed to be removed.
Step 2: Fig.2 shows the dead bolt has been removed and the door handle is next to be removed.
|Fig.2 Dead bolt has been removed|
|Fig.3 the handle has been removed|
How to Paint a Security Door:
- Part 1 of 5 - Painting The Wood Trim
- Part 2 of 5 - Front Door Handle Removal
- Part 3 of 5 - Front Metal Door Spray Painted
- Part 4 of 5 - Wood Door Painted
- Part 5 of 5 - Bronze Security Plate Painted Silver
Update: DIY Advisor has New blogs check them today:
- Handyman Blog: DIY Advisor
- DIY Advisor Sitemap
- Food Blog: From Kiwis To Pistachios!
- Food Blog Sitemap
- Tool Blog: DIY Advisor Toolbox
- Tool Blog Sitemap
- Artwork Blog: Light in Dark Artwork
- Artwork Blog Sitemap
- Class-A Tests: DIY Class-A Drivers License Tests
- Class-A Tests Sitemap: Class-A Sitemap
- DIY Poem: DIY Poem Meter Blog
- DIY Poem Sitemap: DIY Sitemap!
Note: The DIY Advisor assumes no liability for omissions, errors or the outcome of any jobs. The reader must always exercise reasonable caution, follow current codes and regulations that may apply, and is urged to consult with a licensed contractor if in doubt about any steps on these posts. All names were changed to protect client's privacy. DIY Advisor. Reproduction of site content including photos without permission prohibited. All rights reserved. © Copyright 2011-