|Fig.1: Mailbox repair|
Supplies and Tools:
Mrs. Escarole called my repair service to repair her mailbox. She lives in a rural town called Creekside, California. It wasn't a standard box the mailboxes and two 4x4 posts held the metal mailboxes in place.
This post shows the seven steps to this mailbox estimate.
Step 1: Fig.1 at the top right shows the old mailbox that had been damaged by the gardeners weed whacker also known as Gas Trimmers.
Step 2: Fig.2 shows the hole were the mailbox was and only the hole in the grass.
|Fig.2 Old mailbox hole|
|Fig.3 Old mailbox frames|
|Fig.4 Old damaged holes|
|Fig.5 Trim work|
|Fig.6 Hole pattern|
|Fig.7 4x4 posts|
How to Repair a Double Mailbox:
- Part 1 of 16 - The Estimate
- Part 2 of 16 - Wood Set Up
- Part 3 of 16 - Mailbox Hole Dug
- Part 4 of 16 - Priming Post and Old Wood Trim
- Part 5 of 16 - Mailbox Rails Painted
- Part 6 of 16 - Beveling Post Ends
- Part 7 of 16 - Holes Template
- Part 8 of 16 - Priming Posts
- Part 9 of 16 - Washer Preparation
- Part 10 of 16 - Carriage Bolts
- Part 11 of 16 - Post Installation
- Part 12 of 16 - Mailbox Installation
- Part 13 of 16 - Mailbox Trim New Installation
- Part 14 of 16 - Mailbox Trim Painted
- Part 15 of 16 - Mailbox Bottom Address Trim Rebuilt
- Part 16 of 16 - Mailbox Post And Trim Painted
Update: DIY Advisor has New blogs check them today:
- Handyman Blog: DIY Advisor
- DIY Advisor Sitemap
- Food Blog: From Kiwis To Pistachios!
- Food Blog Sitemap
- Tool Blog: DIY Advisor Toolbox
- Tool Blog Sitemap
- Artwork Blog: Light in Dark Artwork
- Artwork Blog Sitemap
- Class-A Tests: DIY Class-A Drivers License Tests
- Class-A Tests Sitemap: Class-A Sitemap
- DIY Poem: DIY Poem Meter Blog
- DIY Poem Sitemap: DIY Sitemap!
Note: The DIY Advisor assumes no liability for omissions, errors or the outcome of any jobs. The reader must always exercise reasonable caution, follow current codes and regulations that may apply, and is urged to consult with a licensed contractor if in doubt about any steps on these posts. All names were changed to protect client's privacy. DIY Advisor. Reproduction of site content including photos without permission prohibited. All rights reserved. © Copyright 2011-