|Adjustable combination wrench|
Supplies and Tools:
Willie owns a century old studio cottage in downtown Chino, California. Willie wanted to solve a simple faucet replacement in his bathroom. The aging bathroom faucet needed to be replaced because it had been leaking for a long time.
This post shows ten steps to removing the drain system and vanity cabinet.
Step 1: Fig.1 through fig.3 shows the installation of the sink faucet parts.
|Fig.1 Pop-up Instructions|
|Fig.2 Parts list|
|Fig.3 The sink basket, plunger|
and plunger pipe
Step 3: Place plumber putty underneath the grey plastic flange to create a seal between it and the sink.
Step 4: Fig.4 shows the black rubber beveled edge that needs to be placed facing up on the threaded flange, next place the white flat washer and the plastic mounting nut on the grey threaded flange. Tightened but not to tight otherwise the seal may be damaged or the sink could crack.
|Fig.4 The seals|
Step 6: Insert the ball tube inside the grey drain tube, but hold on to the plunger with your fingers, inside the sink, and turn the plunger so the ball tube can insert into the plunger. You will feel the plunger go up and down if the ball tube is inside the plunger rod.
Step 7: Now Tightened the hex cap screw on the tip of the ball drain tube to the grey plastic flange. Pipe Dope could be used on the plastic flange to create a seal between each part.
Step 8: Next attach the existing P-trap to the ball drain tube. The P-trap will have its own plastic washer and pipe nut. All the sink pipes now need to be tightened and made sure that they do not leak. If leakage occurs return to the leaking pipe and tightened the nut around the joint.
Step 9: Fig.4 shows the faucet is installed.
|Fig.6 Job finished|
How to Replace a Rusted Faucet on a Bathroom Vanity:
- Part 1 of 5 - Troubleshoot and Turn Off Stop Valves
- Part 2 of 5 - Drain and Vanity Removed
- Part 3 of 5 - Faucet and Drain Removal
- Part 4 of 5 - Vanity Replaced and Install New Faucet
- Part 5 of 5 - Hook Up Drain and Finish
Update: DIY Advisor has New blogs check them today:
- Handyman Blog: DIY Advisor
- DIY Advisor Sitemap
- Food Blog: From Kiwis To Pistachios
- Food Blog Sitemap
- Tool Blog: DIY Advisor Toolbox
- Tool Blog Sitemap
- Artwork Blog: Light in Dark Artwork
- Artwork Blog Sitemap
- Class-A Tests: DIY Class-A Drivers License Tests
- Class-A Tests Sitemap: Class-A Sitemap
- DIY Poem: DIY Poem Meter Blog
- DIY Poem Sitemap: DIY Sitemap