Supplies and Tools:
Toilet seat with metal bolts
Mr. Lefty wanted a new toilet seat placed on her new toilet.
This post shows the seven steps to installing plastic toilet seat.
Step 1: Fig.1 shows the neoprene bolts used underneath the toilet seat.
Step 2: Fig.2 shows the toilet bowl without the seat. There are two holes for each side of the toilet seat.
|Fig.3 Metal bolt|
Step 5: Fig.5 shows both metal bolt and washer that have been tightened and ready to close the cover.
|Fig.5 Covers opened|
Step 7: Fig.7 shows the cover closed and the job is finished.
|Fig.6 Cover closing|
|Fig.7 Seat cover closed|
How to replace and install a plastic toilet seat
- If you want to use the same toilet seat as before, take the seat with you to the store. Otherwise measure the bowl.
- There are two types of toilet bowls: Round or Oblong.
- Round seats are 16 inches from front-to-back, and oblong are 18 inches from front-to-back.
- Use a large flat-head screwdriver to pry open the plastic covers.
- Next use the screw driver to unscrew the large plastic bolts holding the old seat in place.
- The plastic bolt must be held from underneath with your fingers as the screwdriver turns the screw loose.
- Now remove both the seat and the lid to the trash can. It's not recyclable.
- Now that the seat is gone, this is a good time to clean the area where the bolts were.
- Now take the new seat out of the box and remove the plastic around it. If the seat doesn't look the same as the old seat, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS.
Handyman Blog: DIY Advisor Food Blog: From Kiwis To Pistachios Artwork Blog: Light in Dark Artwork Class-A Tests: DIY Class-A Drivers License Tests
Note: The DIY Advisor assumes no liability for omissions, errors or the outcome of any jobs. The reader must always exercise reasonable caution, follow current codes and regulations that may apply, and is urged to consult with a licensed contractor if in doubt about any steps on these posts. All names were changed to protect client's privacy. DIY Advisor. Reproduction of site content including photos without permission prohibited. All rights reserved. © Copyright 2011-